Saturday, May 2, 2009

hmm,
Looks like this is going to be the first post...

It's hot in Hyderabad,
the forty three degrees Celsius hot ,
not the kind of heat that you joke about.

I was multi-tasking when I checked my email and read Amritha's invite. Concoctions...such a beautiful name.. It immediately reminded of wonderful dishes, and a melting pot of oodles of ideas.

However since I was sweltering in the heat, the only great idea that I had was to go and make myself a chilled pitcher of Aam panna!

I am sure that most of you know what it is and how refreshing it is on a hot summer day. For those who don't know how to make it ,
Here's the recipe.
It's amazingly simple!!

Aam panna
1 raw mango
boil it , mash it and strain the pulp through a sieve.
Add salt , black salt, jeera powder ( roasted cumin powder ), sugar to taste.
Add a couple of mint leave ( for decoration- optional)
Voila , your drink to save you from the heat is ready!!!

For any doubts, use Google ! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Shruti!!!! This is awesome! Thanks so much for keeping this blog from being a total flop, and for the super heat-buster recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Amri, great to see that you keep doing these fun things. What things other than work are keeping you busy...? Summer time fun? Are you taking any cool classes this summer?

    ReplyDelete